Re: recovery.conf

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: recovery.conf
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Poul Kristensen wrote:
> It is not obvious to me what is the minimum configuration of the recovery.conf?
>
> The online manuals does not give the exact minumum.
>
> Can anyone help?

None of the settings in recovery.conf must be specified.

One that you will almost always have for recovery is "restore_command", but if all
the WAL you need is in pg_xlog, you don't have to specify that either.
And you don't need it for streaming replication.

Some settings are necessary for point-in-time-recovery, and some
for streaming replication, which are two different use cases for the same recovery mechanism.
Maybe that's what's confusing you.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe