Re: shared_preload_libraries = $libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll causes server not started

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: shared_preload_libraries = $libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll causes server not started
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bui, Michelle P wrote:
> Hi – I am new to Postgresql. I installed Postgresql on my Windows 7 laptop, and things run fine until
> I tried to turn on the debugger using the methodology illustrated in this link:

Disclaimer: I don't know much about Windows.

> http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/214-Using-PgAdmin-PLPgSQL-Debugger.html
>
> 1.       shared_preload_libraries = $libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll  in the file postgresql.conf

This is missing the single quotes.

> 2.       Install the file pldbgapi.sql in the database
>
> 3.       Restart your PostgreSQL server process
>

> I tried re-starting the process (actually the service that runs the server), I got the message: “The
> operation could not be completed, access is denied”.

Could it be a permission problem?
Can you verify that the PostgreSQL server process has the right to read and execute the file?

Can you try to start the Server in the foreground (directly calling postgresql.exe
frpm the command line with the appropriate options) and see what errors you get?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe