Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
>> Dzmitry wrote:

>>[...]
>>
>>> I don't think it's the case. I am using newrelic for monitoring my DB
>>> servers(I have one master and 2 slaves - all use the same
>>>configuration) -
>>> memory is not going above 12.5GB, so I have a good reserve, also I don't
>>> see any swapping there :(
>>
>> You can check by examining /var/log/messages to see if the OOM
>> killer is at fault, which is highly likely.
>>
>> The OOM killer uses heuristics, so it does the wrong thing occasionally.
>>
>> The documentation is helpful:
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/kernel-resources.html#LINUX-MEMORY-OVERCOMMIT

> Do you mean postgres log file(in postgres.conf)
>
> log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
> log_min_messages = warning
>
> Or /var/log/messages ? Because I haven't this file :(

I meant the latter.
/var/log/messages is just where syslog output is directed on some
Linux distributions.  I don't know Ubuntu, so sorry if I got
it wrong.  Maybe it is /var/log/syslog on Ubuntu.
In case of doubt check your syslog configuration.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads
Сообщение: Re: postgres crashes on insert in 40 different threads