Re: PG_XLOG 27028 files running out of space

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: PG_XLOG 27028 files running out of space
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tory M Blue wrote:
> My postgres db ran out of space. I have 27028 files in the pg_xlog directory. I'm unclear what
> happened this has been running flawless for years. I do have archiving turned on and run an archive
> command every 10 minutes.
>
> I'm not sure how to go about cleaning this up, I got the DB back up, but I've only got 6gb free on
> this drive and it's going to blow up, if I can't relieve some of the stress from this directory over
> 220gb.

> Postgres 9.1.6
> slon 2.1.2

Are there any messages in the log file?
Are you sure that archiving works, i.e. do WAL files
show up in your archive location?

The most likely explanation for what you observe is that
archive_command returns a non-zero result (fails).
That would lead to a message in the log.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Сообщение: Re: PG_XLOG 27028 files running out of space
Сообщение: Re: PG_XLOG 27028 files running out of space