Re: Visual data model creation / maintenance tools

От Bearden Barnes
Тема Re: Visual data model creation / maintenance tools
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is degree of "not free" a consideration?  If so, you might exclude option 1,
ERwin.  If not, you might add Sybase PowerDesigner to your list.  ErWin and
PD are in the same category as far as cost goes.  After those two, cost
becomes less of an issue.

--Bearden

-----Original Message-----
From: Sam Hahn [mailto:S@mHahn.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 7:13 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Visual data model creation / maintenance tools

I am interested in what people here think are good tools (free or not) for
creating / maintaining a pg data model. A layout view for relationships is
preferred (with selectable levels of detail, eg. fields, keys). I would like
it to have knowledge of pg datatypes, but this isn't a nogo item, so long as
it can be straightforward to edit in a post-pass (eg. int->serial,
varchar->text). The candidates I'm looking at are:

ERwin
Visio
pgAdminIII
CaseStudio
Axon (ok this will require more postprocessing)
Paper (I prefer not to use just this)

What else is worthy of consideration?

Thanks - Sam

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster