Re: Configuring PostgreSQL to minimize impact of checkpoints

От Vivek Khera
Тема Re: Configuring PostgreSQL to minimize impact of checkpoints
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On May 12, 2004, at 3:22 PM, jao@geophile.com wrote:

>> I don't see that.  But I also set checkpoint segments to about 50 on
>> my big server.
>
> But wouldn't that affect checkpoint frequency, not checkpoint cost

Seems reasonable.  I suppose checkpointing doesn't cost as much disk
I/O as vacuum does.  My checkpoints are also on a separate RAID volume
on a separate RAID channel, so perhaps that gives me extra bandwidth to
perform the checkpoints.