Re: pgsql error

От Mcleod, John
Тема Re: pgsql error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
When I go to "C:\ms4w\apps\pgsql75win\bin" in the command line, and run "postgres --version", I get the following...

"postgres (PostgreSQL) 7.5devel"

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Merlin Moncure [mailto:mmoncure@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:40 AM
To: Mcleod, John
Cc: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] pgsql error

On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:47 AM, Mcleod, John <johnm@spicergroup.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> At command line, I ran...
> "psql  --version"
> and received..
> "psql  (PostgreSQL) 7.5devel"
>
> The database is sitting on a Windows 2003 Server box.
> A mapping application, wrote in PHP, runs with Apache 2.05

ok -- first you reported the version # of the client, not the back end.  let's hope they are different.  you are
runningan early development build of postgres 8.0 -- I know this because about 3/4 the way through the development
cyclethe version # changed from 7.5 to 8.0.  This is essentially a completely unpactched, riddled with known bugs,
alphabuild. Prevailing wisdom is that the earliest good build to use on windows is 8.2 or maybe 8.3.

Right now 100% of your energy should be devoted to double checking the version# against the backend (postgres --
version)and, if it is also
7.5 devel, capturing a good backup if you don't have one already and upgrading ASAP.

merlin