Persistent Connections with PHP and PostgreSQL

От Felipe Nascimento
Тема Persistent Connections with PHP and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Dears,

I am using PostgreSQL 7.1.3 with PHP4.0.6.
I'm trying to establish persistent connections with pg_pconnect() function from PHP.
There are some problems like there was too many connections being established. Sometimes I get a warning "Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link resource in...". Other times, when I try to connect with psql, I get "Sorry, too many clients".

Suggestions?

Is it better to use persistent connections over normal connections (despite the fact that I have to close all the normal connections whenever I open one.)??

Thanks

                Felipe Nascimento
                MultiValor.com.br
                Tel.: 55 21 2505 3900 / 2505 3911