Re: [repost] pg_restore doesn't work with custom format?

От Felipe Nascimento
Тема Re: [repost] pg_restore doesn't work with custom format?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

what document have you updated?
Can we download it?

Felipe

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: terça-feira, 23 de outubro de 2001 20:19
To: Stephan Szabo
Cc: Allan Engelhardt; Philip Warner; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] [repost] pg_restore doesn't work with custom
format?

> On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
>> 1. Target database is named by -d switch, else default to dbname
>> from dump file.

After further looking at this, I've decided that the existing behavior
of pg_dump and pg_restore is actually reasonable, it's just poorly
documented.  Accordingly, I fixed the documents.

The only code change I applied was to disallow the combination of
--create and --clean options.  This combination doesn't have any
practical use (if you're going to create a fresh database, what's
the point of issuing DROP commands for the individual items?),
and it isn't implemented correctly (the DROPs are applied to the
wrong database).  I don't see any point in trying to make it work
sensibly, since it has no value anyway.

http://archives.postgresql.org