How to just "link" to some data feed

От Albretch Mueller
Тема How to just "link" to some data feed
Дата
Re: How to just "link" to some data feed  (tivvpgsqljdbc@gtech-ua.com)
Список pgsql-jdbc
 Hi,
~
 I have some CSV files which I need to link to from within PG
~
 From http://darkavngr.blogspot.com/2007/06/importar-datos-externos-nuestra-base-de.html
~
 Say, you have the following data feed in /tmp/codigos_postales.csv
~
"01000","San Angel","Colonia","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01010","Los Alpes","Colonia","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01020","Guadalupe Inn","Colonia","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01028","Secretaria de Contraloria y Desarrollo Administrativo","Gran
usuario","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01029","Infonavit","Gran usuario","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01030","Axotla","Pueblo","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01030","Florida","Colonia","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
"01040","Campestre","Colonia","Alvaro Obregon","Distrito Federal"
~
 then you can defined the DB data model as:
~
 CREATE TABLE codigos_postales(
  cp char(5),
  asentamiento varchar(120),
  tipo_asentamiento varchar(120),
  municipio varchar(120),
  estado varchar(120)
 );
~
 and copy all values into the DB like this:
~
 COPY codigos_postales FROM '/tmp/codigos_postales.csv' DELIMITERS ',' CSV;
~
 But how do you just link to the data feed effectively keeping it in a
CSV file format not internal to PG?
~
 Also I need for all changes to the data to (of course!) be propagated
to the data back end
~
 Then you can link to the same data feed from some other engine that
reads in CSV (I think all do or should)
~
 How do you link  to a CSV using PG?
~