Re: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks

От Ray Stell
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On 6/5/18 9:19 AM, Scott Whitney wrote:

Sure, but you need to be able to reach it.

You need to be able to ping/ssh between the 2 hosts first.

From: Pierre Ochsenbein <pierre.ochsenbein@acceleris.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:14 AM
To: pgsql-admin@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks

Dear securtiy support,

I want to deploy a PostgreSQL Cluster with streaming replication, but I have a problem..

We have two VMs in two different data-centers with two different network.

It's possible to made a streaming replication with two different network?

My output :

vm01:10.1.24.13

vm02:10.0.2.67

On my slave (vm02) :

I can't make a pg_basebackup..

pg_basebackup: could not connect to server: could not connect to server: No route to host

need to get with your sysadmin, "No route to host" is a good thing, really, 10. is not routable.  You need to be sending to an interface that can be reached:
https://www.arin.net/knowledge/address_filters.html

According to standards set forth in Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) document RFC-1918, the following IPv4 address ranges have been reserved by the IANA for private internets, and are not publicly routable on the global internet:

  • 10.0.0.0/8 IP addresses: 10.0.0.0 -- 10.255.255.255

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Streaming replication on two diff networks