Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...

От Ben Chobot
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Feb 3, 2011, at 1:50 PM, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> So, I will have to go back on my decision to use Postgres and re-consider MySQL? I will rather throw away the effort
investedin studying Postgres than to risk an unfixable application downtime.  I am not sure about the world domination
thing,though. Optimizer hints are a big feature that everybody else has and Postgres does not have because of religious
reasons.

As always, you should use the tool you consider best for the job. If you think MySQL as both a product and a community
hasa better chance of giving you what you want, then you should use MySQL.

От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...