Re: Slow join

От Roman Kushnir
Тема Re: Slow join
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi Justin,

Thank you for your comments.

As you mentioned the size of shared buffers, my first thought was to just switch to a larger machine as this one only has 2 gigs of RAM. But then it occurred to me that the whole videos table is getting loaded into memory while only 2 small columns are actually used! So I created a covering index on videos (channel_id, id) and the query now completes in 190ms!

Thanks, you helped me a lot.