Populating a Class with Instances/Postgres Docs

От Georg Vollmers
Тема Populating a Class with Instances/Postgres Docs
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi there,

I hope I'm using the correct address for this. If not, would you please
so kind to redirect me to the correct address, if possible?

The COPY statement in the attached query-ug2887.htm from the PostgreSQL
User's Guide is explain with a typo.
While it is written:

'COPY INTO weather FROM '/home/user/weather.txt'
    USING DELIMITERS '|';'

the correct version must be without the 'INTO':

'COPY weather FROM '/home/user/weather.txt'
    USING DELIMITERS '|';'

It took me half an hour to look for COPY with \h COPY in psql instead of
trusting the web documentation :-(

Greetings from Hannover, Germany and thanks for your work on Postgres!

Georg
--
Georg Vollmers, M.A., HDI V.a.G., Zentrale Informationsverarbeitung,
Verfahrenstechnik, Phone +49 511 6454854 Fax +49 511 645114854