Re: On future conferences

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: On future conferences
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Sep 23, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Christopher Browne wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, josh@agliodbs.com (Josh
> Berkus), an earthling, wrote:
>> Ishii-San,

>> Hmmm ... would JPUG want to host a bilingual conference?  I don't
>> find this
>> out of the question.   The main issue would be that accomodations
>> etc. in
>> Tokyo are very expensive.  At least there's plenty of direct flights.
>
> It strikes me that for 2007 to be the year of "regional PostgreSQL
> conferences" might be a neat idea.
>
> Thus, one in Japan, one in eastern Canada, perhaps one in the western
> US, perhaps one or more in Europe and elsewhere, with the assumption
> of rather less heavy travel being involved than was the case for the
> "Anniversary" conference.

One thing to consider is that such a format might make it more
difficult to get adequate sponsorship, since presumably it would cost
more to host a number of small conferences rather than one large one.
Likely sponsors would probably have to lay out more money outside of
the sponsorships as well, since they'd likely want to attend multiple
conferences.
--
Jim Nasby                                    jimn@enterprisedb.com