Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think this explanation is fiction ... there is no "cacheing of
>> credentials" in there that I know about.

> The server is a standard REHL5 installed copy of postgresql, running as
> the postgres user (as is standard on RHE5). Both the data directory and
> the tablespace are running on ext3 filesystems local to the machine,
> there are no NFS mounts anywhere. The machine does not have SELinux
> installed, never mind enabled.

> After the postgres user was granted permission to access the tablespace
> directory, and after it was verified that the postgres user was able to
> access the tablespace directory, postgresql refused to allow the
> tablespace to be created until the postgresql server was restarted.

Fascinating.  I think what you're describing must be a kernel bug ---
want to see if you can reproduce it without PG involved?  Just make a
test program that chmod's, sleeps awhile, and chmod's again, and
manually change the permissions while it's sleeping, in the same way
that you did in the problem case.

Сообщение: Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied
Сообщение: Re: Could not create a tablespace - permission denied