Re: Re: Patch for jdbc Makefile

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: Re: Patch for jdbc Makefile
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Quoting Richard Bullington-McGuire <rbulling@microstate.com>:

> On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Peter T Mount wrote:
>
> > Quoting Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>:
> >

> > > Any JDBC people want to comment on this?
> >
> > Makefile is obsolete in 7.1, as is CheckVersion ;-)
>
> Makefile is still part of the 7.1.x CVS tree, though...
> Are you intending on ditching the Makefile completely and opting for an
> ant-only Java build?

Yes. I've left it in there for now, but I've been debating on if we should
remove it completely for 7.1. Personally I think we should, but I didn't want
to hit everyone without fair warning.

> I'm still using the Makefile, but it would not bother me to switch to
> ant if that's the way it will be, and ant will be more robust.

It's way more robust. In fact I'm looking at getting configure to detect ant
and get the top level makefile to run it as part of the main build.

Also, our build.xml files also support installation, so "make install" can
install the .jar files into the PG_LIB directory.

> However, I'm confused by what is probably a documentation bug
> concerning
> java.lang.Byte in the build.xml file. Should this bit of documentation
> be
> updated? The code does not appear to deal with java.lang.Byte at all.

Yes. No time for 7.1 for this, but I was thinking of splitting the monolithic
jdbc.sgml file up, as there's a lot of outdated stuff in it, and a lot of
undocumented stuff to go into it.

You haven't seen the stuff I'm donating into /contrib yet ;-)

Peter

--
Peter Mount peter@retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgres/