Possible to check integrity of restored database?

От Mike Lott
Тема Possible to check integrity of restored database?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there

I am working on some d/r solutions at the university where I  work,
and I was wondering if there were any way to check the integrity of
the restored data of a PostgreSQL database. The reason I ask is that
if I am restoring [or the restoration is scripted] from backup, I
would like to ensure that there has not been any data corruption
throughout the process i.e. if the restoration of the data is
successful, the data must not be corrupted, otherwise the d/r
solution is a failure.

I am running Mac OS X 10.3.9 and 10.4.4 and using PostgreSQL 8.1.2

Thanks,

Mike Lott