Re: client connection problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: client connection problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Nick Fankhauser" <nickf@ontko.com> writes:
> Try adding a line to pg_hba.conf for localhost specifically- I'd guess that
> the request is coming in with that address rather than the local machine's
> IP address.

Another possibility is that the connection request is being dropped on
the floor by kernel packet filtering.  The default filtering in RH 7.2
is pretty aggressive (just the other day I had to change quite a few
things to get it to allow incoming and outgoing NFS, for example).
Check your ipchains setup in /etc/sysconfig/ipchains.

IIRC, the default ipchains setup does *not* filter localhost
connections, but I think it would apply to connections showing a source
address of your Ethernet IP.