Re: resilient transactions

От Jeff
Тема Re: resilient transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 7, 2004, at 3:35 AM, Paramveer.Singh@trilogy.com wrote:

> Hi all!
> Apologies for sending this mail but some time back there was a thread
> on
> supporting resilient transactions - i.e. transactions which do not roll
> back if one query in 100 fails.

transactions can either entirely succeed or entirely fail, there is no
"sometimes".  Any discussion or even patches that do change that will
be rejected immediately (Well, I'm simply assuming they will. I think
myself and many others would be mighty surprised if a patch like that
got applied!)

PG 8.0 introduces a feature called savepoints which allows you to trap
errors inside a transaction (and also rollback parts of the
transaction, etc.)  You may want to look into that.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-savepoint.html

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/