Re: Yet another infrastructure problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Yet another infrastructure problem
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Robert Treat
<xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Is this really true? ISTM for much of the software we maintain, having the
> config files / scripts all checked into svn would be enough to enable us to
> re-deploy on even completely different hardware/OS without a large amount of
> effort, which probably would open up other options for hosting... case in
> point, I'm pretty sure we could pop out a VM for postgres needs, but it would
> need to run solaris since since we're geared toward zones. For something like
> jabber, I believe we already run the same jabber software as postgresql.org,
> so it sure seems like it should be easy to move it back and forth even across
> different systems... I'd guess there are other services like this too, and
> probably other people in similar situations.

By 'redeploy', I mean start a backup copy of a jail on a different box
within a few minutes. As you say, we do also automatically backup key
config files to SVN so we can move services to different OSs as well,
but obviously not nearly as quickly.

--
Dave Page

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: