Re: PGagent

От Dave Page
Тема Re: PGagent
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
2008/10/1 Bernard Stewe <steweb@4cit.co.za>:
> Hi support
>

> How do we start pgagent utility.  Postgres works fine, it is however the job
> scheduling utility that we're struggling with.
>

> Here are some details:
>
> Operating System: Solaris 10
>
> Architecture: Sun Fire V240

Starting pgagent from the command line is easy:

gator:pgagent dpage$ ./pgagent --help
Usage:
pgagent [options] <connect-string>
-f run in the foreground (do not detach from the terminal)
-t <poll time interval in seconds (default 10)>
-r <retry period after connection abort in seconds (>=10, default 30)>
-s <log file (messages are logged to STDOUT if not specified>
-l <logging verbosity (ERROR=0, WARNING=1, DEBUG=2, default 0)>

A simple example is shown in the documentation at
http://www.pgadmin.org/docs/1.8/pgagent-install.html

As for starting it at boot time on Solaris, I have no idea. You'd need
to check how services are normally started on Solaris and setup
something similar.

--
Dave Page