Re: pgsql-committers list is misconfigured

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgsql-committers list is misconfigured
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

>  Also, I sent an email with a fake @pgfoundry.org address this morning,
>  and it passed without requiring moderator approval.  Also, I added a
>  X-No-Archive header to avoid having the test message appearing on the
>  archives, but to no effect -- the message is there all right:
>  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-03/msg00393.php

I'm not sure that we actually honour that header.

>  I think the idea here is that any pgfoundry.org address passes through
>  unmolested to allow the pgfoundry projects to publish their changes to
>  pgsql-committers.  I think this is a mistake, and others have vouched
>  against this idea too (most notably Peter Eisentraut.)

No, this is entirely intentional.

>  Finally, and what prompted this test message, was the fact that Heikki
>  committed a patch this morning and his message got stuck in the
>  moderation queue.  I wonder how smart it is to be letting @pgfoundry.org
>  mails unchecked, but have @postgresql.org addresses filtered ... ??

We only add postgresql.org addresses very occasionally, but pgFoundry
committers may be added much more frequently and without our
knowledge.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com