Re: Community accounts

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Community accounts
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Are the "community accounts" (used by the wiki, for example) available to
> authenticate against from remote services, for example via LDAP?  I might
> like to use them for the Git service, for example.

Not yet - the Wiki is the fisrt truly external resource to be
integrated, and although we did consider LDAP and OpenID, in the end
we decided that a custom auth plugin for mediawiki using the backend
database API via SSL connection was the least painful option.

We could certainly look at LDAP/OpenID more closely though.

> Also, is there a plan for keeping "community" accounts, PgFoundry accounts,
> and developer.postgresql.org shell accounts the same, lest we create a big
> mess?

I'm certainly interested in doing so for pgFoundry if we can figure
out how given the interaction between the GForge and OS
authentication. I'm not so wild about the developer shell accounts as
we've actually only got a handful of those left anyway - and most are
for the sysadmin team who don't necessarily want centralised
authentication in case something goes horribly wrong leaving the
entire domain inaccessible.

--
Dave Page
EnterpriseDB UK Ltd: http://www.enterprisedb.com