Re: n00b autovacuum question

От Antoine
Тема Re: n00b autovacuum question
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 18/03/06, Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> wrote:
> Antoine wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have enabled the autovacuum daemon, but occasionally still get a
> > message telling me I need to run vacuum when I access a table in
> > pgadmin.
>
> pgAdmin notices a discrepancy between real rowcount and estimated
> rowcount and thus suggests to run vacuum/analyze; it won't examine
> autovacuum rules so it might warn although autovac is running ok.
>
> If you're sure autovacuum is running fine, just dismiss the message.

I guess that is my problem - I a not sure it is running fine. The
process is definitely running but I am getting lots of complaints
about performance. This probably has lots to do with crap code and not
much to do with the database but I am still searching the maintenance
avenue... We have a massive project coming up and I want to go for
Postgres (the boss wants Oracle). If I can't get my stuff together I
am not sure my arguments will stick... problem is I don't really have
the time to experiment properly.
Cheers
Antoine

--
This is where I should put some witty comment.