Re: postgresql-8.1.4 installtion problem on FedoraCore 4

От LiveShell
Тема Re: postgresql-8.1.4 installtion problem on FedoraCore 4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thnx a lot Derrvim...

On 7/10/06, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-07-10 at 15:50 +0530, LiveShell wrote:

>           I tried to install postgresql-8.1.4-1PGDG.src.rpm on Fedora
> Core 4 machine. But I am getting messages
>
> warning: user devrim does not exist - using root
> warning: group devrim does not exist - using root
> warning: user devrim does not exist - using root
> warning: group devrim does not exist - using root
>
> and it stops.and PostGreSQL doesn't get installed...

This is source RPM and it is only used when you want to rebuild RPMs
possibly with different options or a different platform by yourself.
Actually it is "installed" under /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and
and /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES; but not in binary format.

Please use regular RPMs :
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.4/linux/rpms/fedora/fedora-core-4/

Regards,