Re: Backup & Restore a database in PostgreSQL

От Siva Palanisamy
Тема Re: Backup & Restore a database in PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Backup & Restore a database in PostgreSQL  (Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39@yahoo.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your reply. As usual Backup worked perfectly. When I tried restore using the command you provided, I
gotthe below list of errors! Please help me out on this.

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 14; 1255 16384 FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be owner of function public.plpgsql_call_handler
    Command was: DROP FUNCTION public.plpgsql_call_handler();
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 276; 2612 16387 PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be superuser to drop procedural language
    Command was: DROP PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 5; 2615 2200 SCHEMA public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be owner of schema public
    Command was: DROP SCHEMA public;
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  schema "public" already exists
    Command was: CREATE SCHEMA public;
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 1566; 0 0 COMMENT SCHEMA public postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be owner of schema public
    Command was: COMMENT ON SCHEMA public IS 'Standard public schema';
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 276; 2612 16387 PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  must be superuser to create procedural language
    Command was: CREATE PROCEDURAL LANGUAGE plpgsql;
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 14; 1255 16384 FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  permission denied for language c
    Command was: CREATE FUNCTION plpgsql_call_handler() RETURNS language_handler
    AS '$libdir/plpgsql', 'plpgsql_call_handler'
    LANGUAG...
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges could be revoked
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges could be revoked
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges were granted
pg_restore: WARNING:  no privileges were granted
WARNING: errors ignored on restore: 7

Thanks and Regards,
Siva.