Re: ERROR: FULL JOIN is only supported with merge-joinable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ERROR: FULL JOIN is only supported with merge-joinable
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Harco de Hilster <Harco.de.Hilster@ATConsultancy.nl> writes:
> What is the definition of a merge-joinable condition?

Equality on a sortable datatype.

> Can I create an type/operator that compares both records that is
> considered merge-joinable?

I think you could do something involving a time interval datatype that
considers "overlap" as equality and does something reasonable for
sorting non-overlapping intervals.  It'd take a bit of work ... nothing
particularly difficult, just tedious.  The "seg" datatype in contrib/
might serve as a prototype.