Res: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?

От paulo matadr
Тема Res: [GENERAL] bytea size limit?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
My system have very large ram size, so its possible review postgresql.conf ?

De: Kenneth Marshall <ktm@rice.edu>
Para: Grzegorz Ja??kiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>
Cc: paulo matadr <saddoness@yahoo.com.br>; pgsql-general@postgresql.org; admin <pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>
Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 21 de Janeiro de 2009 11:06:23
Assunto: Re: [ADMIN] [GENERAL] bytea size limit?

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 01:55:28PM +0000, Grzegorz Ja??kiewicz wrote:
> there's no real limit (its size is described with 32bit number, and
> that's the only limitation here).
> But you need to be aware, that content is sent over at once, so memory
> is the limit in your case.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/datatype-binary.html
>
> For such large objects, it might be actually better to store them
> separate as files, and just store file name.

The TOAST implementation however only allows 30-bits for the
size of the TOAST entry which caps the size at 2^30 or 1GB. I
agree that he could very well be limited also by the memory on
his system.

Cheers,
Ken

Veja quais são os assuntos do momento no Yahoo! + Buscados: Top 10 - Celebridades - Música - Esportes