Re: Limit on number of databases in a Cluster ?

От Josh Harrison
Тема Re: Limit on number of databases in a Cluster ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Josh Harrison <joshques@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. Is there a limit on the number of databases that can be in a single
> postgres cluster?

No.  I'm sure there's a practical limit into the thousands where
things start to get slower.

> 2. Is there any performance impacts associated with having too many
> databases in a cluster?

Define too many.  I've run a couple hundred before without it being a problem.

> 3. Is there a good magical number for this limit ?

Only the one that your testing tells you there is.  Got a rough guess
of how many you want to run?  How busy they'll be?  that kind of
thing.

About 10-15 ?