Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.4 install failure on Win XP Home laptop

От Hyatt, Gordon
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.1.4 install failure on Win XP Home laptop
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
The service account is still available (PG 8.1.3 can be started), although the account doesn't show in the Control
Panel,User Accounts.  If I search the system for accounts (when changing the credentials of a service), I do find the
account,but have no way of administering it.

Note: the PostgreSQL install created the accounts for me.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or a known issue in the
installerwhen run under XP Home that installer-created accounts are unmanageable by XP Home.  On Windows 2000 (at work)
installer-createdaccounts show in Computer Management, System Tools, Local Users and Groups, Users.

I will take your advice and attempt to uninstall 8.1.3 and do a clean 8.1.4 install.  (I've already done a pg_dumpall
beforeI attempted the initial upgrade.)

Thanks,

Gord