Re: slow query

От Gregory Williamson
Тема Re: slow query
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Scott Marlowe wrote:

> OK, I've got a query that's running slow the first time, then fast.
> But I can't see where the time is really being spend on the first run.
> Query and plan attached to preserve formatting.

Often this is from caching -- the first time the system has to go to disk to get the values; the subsequent times the data (and indexes, presumably) are all in RAM and so much faster.

Is this plausible ?

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
DigitalGlobe

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)