Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2

От Gavin M. Roy
Тема Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Дата
Список pgsql-www
I mentioned this to Josh off-list but I am concerned about
introducing yet another technology platform (.net) for PgSQL based
sites.  Trying to track down an issue with borg the other day where
something was exploited web software wise, (and seeing how much
"stuff" was on the vm) I would say we should be concerned with
consolidating, not expanding technology dependencies.  I know svr2 is
getting cleaned up, but this is more of a philosophy thing.  Can
Alexy's framework that runs the main pgsql site work for techdocs/
knowledge base?  If not what's wrong with it?  Framewerk is nearly
mature enough to be used, but I won't have the time for the next 2
months or more to head up or be a primary programmer on something
like this.  I can however offer help and support on the project if
Framewerk is going to be used.  If you're interested in knowing where
things are at and what's outstanding for evaluation: http://
svn.framewerk.org/trac.cgi/wiki/Issues - I am proposing this because
unlike moving to .net we already use PHP pretty much everywhere else
(other than the existing techdocs).  I would also offer that unifying
the technology used for all the official pgsql sites would be a very
nice thing.

Regards,

Gavin

On Dec 2, 2005, at 2:08 PM, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 16:58, Dave Page wrote:

Gavin M. Roy
800 Pound Gorilla
gmr@ehpg.net

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2
Сообщение: Re: Launching PostgreSQL KB Project Mark 2