Re: Shared buffers, Sort memory, Effective Cache Size

От Qing Zhao
Тема Re: Shared buffers, Sort memory, Effective Cache Size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

I have recently configured my PG7.3 on a G5 (8GB RAM) with
shmmax set to 512MB and shared_buffer=50000, sort_mem=4096
and effective cache size = 10000.  It seems working great so far but
I am wondering if I should make effctive cache size larger myself.

Tnaks!

Qing