Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5

От Alexander Staubo
Тема Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5
Дата
Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5
Список pgsql-performance
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Alexander Staubo <alex@bengler.no> wrote:
> The upgrade was done with dump/restore using "pg_dump -Fc". The old
> database lived on a SAN volume, whereas the new database lives on a
> local disk volume.

I need to correct myself: The Munin graphs were never set to track the
SAN volume where the old database lived. So when the graph goes from
"near-zero" to "lots", it's actually correct.

When I compare the correct graph, however, it's apparently that I/O
writes have, on average, doubled.

The new volume uses the same file system and block size as the old one.

Alexander.

Сообщение: Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5
Сообщение: Re: I/O increase after upgrading to 8.3.5