Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...

От Chris Browne
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Список pgsql-performance
mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com (Mladen Gogala) writes:
> I must say that this purist attitude is extremely surprising to
> me. All the major DB vendors support optimizer hints, yet in the
> Postgres community, they are considered bad with almost religious
> fervor.
> Postgres community is quite unique with the fatwa against hints.

Well, the community declines to add hints until there is actual
consensus on a good way to add hints.

Nobody has ever proposed a way to add hints where consensus was arrived
at that the way was good, so...
--
http://linuxfinances.info/info/nonrdbms.html
Rules of the Evil Overlord #192.  "If I appoint someone as my consort,

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Slow count(*) again...