cant connect to the database, even after doing start of postmaster using a script

От surabhi.ahuja
Тема cant connect to the database, even after doing start of postmaster using a script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
i have a script to stop and start postmaster

However i have noticed this many a time sdnow. I stop postmaster using that script
and then start using a script.

However if i try to do psql <dbname>, it gives me an error saying that the postmaster is not up.

Why is it that the postmaster went down on its own, even though i had done a srart after stop.

thanks,
regards
Surabhi