Re: defining Your own sort order for already compiled PostgreSQL (because PSQL sort orders are incopatible with ASCII sort order for non -alpha characters)

От Hakan Kocaman
Тема Re: defining Your own sort order for already compiled PostgreSQL (because PSQL sort orders are incopatible with ASCII sort order for non -alpha characters)
Дата
Ответы Re: defining Your own sort order for already compiled PostgreSQL (because PSQL sort orders are incopatible with ASCII sort order for non -alpha characters)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

i think this explains, what you ment:
http://www.linuxshare.ru/postgresql/manual/creating-cluster.html
http://www.linuxshare.ru/postgresql/manual/charset.html#LOCALE

So you don't need to set the Locale-Settings on compile-time,
but on initdb-time.

Also check if this applies to your kinds of query, because with
a non-C Locale you need to define the indices with a different operator-
class to use the indices with like-comparisons.
See
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/indexes-opclass.html
for more details.

Best regards