Re: How do I alter an existing column and add a foreign key whichis a Primary key to a table?

От Karen Goh
Тема Re: How do I alter an existing column and add a foreign key whichis a Primary key to a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, July 22, 2019, 12:10 AM, Avin Kavish <avinkavish@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Karen,

That query is pretty much an inner join with a filter that selects a single value from the matching rows.
It's picking the tutor's zipcode from the tutor table where any tutor is teaching a subject called "Angela Merkel".
For this to happen, it needs to join the tutor subjects with the tutor details table using the tutor id as the common factor.

Perhaps you should try www.stackoverflow.com for SQL guidance. They might be able to explain in detail what you are doing (wrong).
Make sure to provide a complete example showing all the involved relations and references and any queries your wrote. This is really
important or they downvote/close questions. (your original email is not sufficient detail)

This is the wrong forum so you need not reply cos Ron has mentioned already.

N also, why select zip code when it is not even supplied with a value?

If this is not the mailing list then why do PostgreSQL suggest user to subscribe this?

Regards,
Avin