Re: 100% failover + replication solution

От Moiz Kothari
Тема Re: 100% failover + replication solution
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Shoaib,

It sure does, i saw PGCLUSTER, but 3 reasons for having a postgres specific solution.

1) If pgcluster stops further development, it would be lot more hassel when upgrading to a different version of postgres.
2) Postgres specific solution would help alot going ahead in future.
3) Also architecture of pgcluster might make things slower as it updates complete cluster before confirming the request.

There are lots of them available in market, but i think WAL solution should be available, if not then the thought process should be there going ahead. I am expecting a solution out of WAL logs. Let me know if you have any thoughts about it.

Regards,
Moiz Kothari