License Issue

От May, Randy
Тема License Issue
Дата
Re: License Issue
Список pgsql-admin

PostGresQL Admin,

I am part of an organization that is beginning to write commercial applications for various Portals (Liferay, etc.).  We would like to be able to deploy PostGresQL as the lightweight database for the Portal to connect to.  Our request for approval to our Legal Department has stalled due to the following language in one of the files:

File: src/backend/port/dynloader/readme.dlfcn.aix

Language: "Permission is granted to freely use, copy, modify, and redistribute this software, provided that no attempt is made to gain profit from it..."

We are not planning to modify PostGreSQL, nor charging for support services.

Given that we are building commercial applications, can I get confirmation that we allowed to use (in-house) and deploy (to our customers) PostGresQL to support our applications?

Thank you,

Randy May

Вложения