SerializableSnapshot removed from postgresql 8.4

От Duarte Fonseca
Тема SerializableSnapshot removed from postgresql 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi list,

I'm currently upgrading from Postgresql 8.1 to 8.4 one of the steps of the process for me involves compiling the
replicationtoolkit we use against 8.4.

I've just run into a problem since this replication code references SerializableSnapshot which as been removed in 8.4,
iwas wondering what should our code use instead, I found a thread[1] in the hackers mailing list where
GetActiveSnapshot()was recommended, i would greatly appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction on
this.

The code in question goes something like:

if (SerializableSnapshot == NULL)
    elog(ERROR, "SerializableSnapshot is NULL ");

// Return the minxid from the current snapshot
PG_RETURN_TRANSACTIONID(SerializableSnapshot->xmin);

Thanks,

[1] - http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-04/msg01556.php
--
Duarte Fonseca