Re: {Spam} Will shared_buffers crash a server

От French, Martin
Тема Re: {Spam} Will shared_buffers crash a server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

What messages did you get in the Postgresql logs?

What other parameters have changed?

From: pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-performance-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Qiang Wang
Sent: 29 April 2011 08:13
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: {Spam} [PERFORM] Will shared_buffers crash a server

Hei:

We have PostgreSQL 8.3 running on Debian Linux server. We built an applicantion using PHP programming language and Postgres database. There are appoximatly 150 users using the software constantly. We had some performance degration before and after some studies we figured out we will need to tune PostgreSQL configurations.

We have 10GB memory and we tuned PostgreSQL as follow:

- max_connection = 100

- effective_cache_size = 5GB

- shared_buffer = 2GB

- wal_buffer = 30MB

- work_mem = 50MB

However we suffered 2 times server crashes after tunning the configuration. Does anyone have any idea how this can happen?

BR

Kevin Wang

This email is intended for the named recipient. The information contained
in it is confidential. You should not copy it for any purposes, nor
disclose its contents to any other party. If you received this email
in error, please notify the sender immediately via email, and delete
it from your computer.

necessarily represent those of the company.

PCI Compliancy: Please note, we do not send or wish to receive banking,
credit or debit card information by email or any other form of
communication.

Please try our new on-line ordering system at http://www.cromwell.co.uk/ice

Cromwell Tools Limited, PO Box 14, 65 Chartwell Drive
Wigston, Leicester LE18 1AT. Tel 0116 2888000
Registered in England and Wales, Reg No 00986161
VAT GB 115 5713 87 900