Re: Backup and Restore (pg_dump & pg_restore)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Backup and Restore (pg_dump & pg_restore)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/21/19 2:20 PM, Ron wrote:

>> I see this sort of thing in monitoring systems e.g. environmental
>> controls all the time. Things get flagged because they wander over set
>> points intermittently. It is technically an error but unless they stay
>> over the line it is just another data point.
>
> Errors need to be fixed.  If the restore can proceed without harm, then
> it's an Informational message.

That is a choice thing:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-pgrestore.html

"
-e
--exit-on-error

     Exit if an error is encountered while sending SQL commands to the
database. The default is to continue and to display a count of errors at
the end of the restoration.
"

It is also one of those eye of the beholder things as evidenced by:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/runtime-config-logging.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-LOGGING-WHAT

Severity     Usage             syslog         eventlog
ERROR         Reports an error ...     WARNING     ERROR

Edited to keep on one line.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Display View Columns and Their Source Tables and Columns
Сообщение: Re: Display View Columns and Their Source Tables and Columns