Re: Tuning

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tuners,

allways be aware that results on Windows may be totally different!

My main customer is running PostgreSQL 8.1 on MINIMUM shared buffers

max_connections = 100        #
shared_buffers = 200            # min 16 or max_connections*2, 8KB each

I changed it to this value from the very low default 20000, and the system is responding better; especially after fixing the available memory setting within the planner.

... frustrating part is, I could not replicate this behavious with pg_bench :(

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare