Re: measuring shared memory usage on Windows

От Harald Armin Massa
Тема Re: measuring shared memory usage on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mark,

> And THAT is exactly the challenge of this thread: I am searching for
> tools to check shared memory usage on Windows. ipcs is not available.
> And neither Magnus nor Dave, both main contributors of the win32 port
> of PostgreSQL, and both way wiser concerning Windows internas then me,
> know of some :(

Would it help to have the postmaster report what the shared memory
allocation is when it starts up? (this won't help with the activity
stuff, but at least you would know for sure how *much* you have to use).

That would be of no use ... I am quite sure that PostgreSQL allocates the memory as specified; that is: as much as is written in postgresql.conf.

The interesting part is usage of shared memory through the workload.

Harald

--
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare