Re: Transaction size and Wal2Json

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Transaction size and Wal2Json
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 07/02/2019 11:38, Mai Peng wrote:
> We use the plugin Wal2Json in order to catch every modification on database. We’ve got an issue : WAL were growing
veryfast, the state of pg_stat_replication still on ‘catchup’ , an error:pg_recvlogical: unexpected termination of
replicationstream: ERROR: out of memory DETAIL: Cannot enlarge string buffer. It seems Wal2Json can not handle very big
transactions( more than 1 Gb).

> How could we measure the size of a transaction ?
> Could we increase this limitation ?

You should send a bug report to wal2json.

It's plausible that some naive coding would run into the limitation that
you describe, but a bit of effort can probably solve it.

От: Mai Peng
Сообщение: Transaction size and Wal2Json
От: Mariel Cherkassky
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum big table taking hours and sometimes seconds