Re: 100% failover + replication solution

От Ben Suffolk
Тема Re: 100% failover + replication solution
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> Guys,
>
> I have been thinking about this and wanted to see if it can be
> achived. I wanted to make a 100% failover solution for my postgres
> databases. The first thing that comes to my mind is doing it using
> WAL logs. Am attaching the diagram for which i will write more here.

While its not the solution you were looking at, have you seen
PGCluser :-

http://pgcluster.projects.postgresql.org/index.html

I have not tried it, but was looking the other week at various fail-
over type solutions and came across it. It seems to be able to do
what you want.

Ben