Re: UNSUBSCRIBE

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: UNSUBSCRIBE
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On May 10, 2006, at 14:42 , Tom Lane wrote:

> Chris <dmagick@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Maybe :) The php-general list has

>> at the bottom of every email, and there are still random unsubscribe
>> requests..

That will *always* happen. Just human nature and the numbers of
subscribers. However, a one-liner that either points to the webpage
for unsubscribing (probably easiest) or a brief description on how to
unsubscribe (To unsubscribe, send an email to
majordomo@postgresql.org with body "unsub pgsql-performance" (without
quotes)) may intercept a few more. Is there a way to configure
Majordomo to make even easier to unsubscribe? Just sending to pgsql-
performance-unsubscribe@postgresql.org or some such? I've seen other
mailing lists that do this. Requiring a specific command (what's the
command? in the subject or the body?) is one more place a person can
make a mistake. (I've recently switched mail accounts and unsubbed/
subbed from the lists I'm on. This latter style does make it a lot
easier.)

(And are there mail readers out there that can pick those subscribe/
unsubscribe headers from the list emails? Now *that'd* be sweet.)

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net