Re: redhat and postgresql management

От James Dobson
Тема Re: redhat and postgresql management
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

I had a similar situation with other packages depending on /usr/lib64/libpq.so.4 owned by an old version of postgres-libs rpm.

I solved this by acquiring compat-postgresql-libs-4-1pgdg.rhel5.x86_64.rpm

from http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.2/redhat/rhel-5-x86_64/repoview/compat-postgresql-libs.html

Then install the compat-postgresql-libs rpm using --replacefiles

rpm -iv --replacefiles compat-postgresql-libs-4-1PGDG.rhel5.x86_64.rpm

You should then be able to cleanly remove the 8.1 version of postgresql-lib & install the rpm from 8.3:

rpm -e postgresql-libs

etc...

Hope that helps

James

James Dobson
Enterprise Applications Engineer
e-mail: james.dobson@grant.co.uk

Direct Tel: +44 (0)1763 264777

Tel: +44 (0)1763 260811
Fax: +44 (0)1763 262410
www.grant.co.uk

NEW for 2010: Grant Aqua Plus

A new range of 21 unstirred and shaking water baths.

New features, new designs. Click on the above to find out more...

Grant Instruments (Cambridge) Ltd
Company registered in England, registration number 658133
Registered office address:
29 Station Road,
Shepreth,
CAMBS SG8 6GB